cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

ViewMail for Outlook 8.5(4) Available - Outlook 2010 Supported

Bradford Magnani
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Since seeing several posts and questions over the last few months about when VMO for Outlook 2010 was going to be supported, I figured rather than responding to every thread, I'd provide a single post with the Release Notes for the new VMO 8.5(4) for both Unity/UC, which now contains Outlook 2010 support.  Please read the release notes for further information/limitations, etc.

Release Note:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/vmo/release/notes/854cucvmorn.html

Hope that helps,

Brad

20 Replies 20

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Thanks Brad,

It's great to see such awesome participation here

Cheers!

Rob

Tommer Catlin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

It says Feb/March.  Do we have an exact date for CCO?

Thanks!

Tommer

It's out already. See here

Thanks Ben, Im assuming that even though its under Unity Connection, it will work for Unity also.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hey TCAT,

Hope all is well my friend

From the release notes;

Support for Use with Cisco Unity 8.0 and 7.0

ViewMail for Outlook 8.5(4) is supported for use with Cisco Unity versions 8.0 and 7.0.

Note that in Cisco Unity versions 8.0 and 7.0, users can only play unsecure voice messages with local audio devices, and they cannot reply to, forward, or compose messages by using ViewMail version 8.5(4).

Cheers!

Rob

Thanks Rob, I saw that note about Unity 8.0, but missed the one about unsecure messaging.   I heard yesterday Unity platform is officially dead no new releases will be made available. (only maintenance).   Everything is good.  Sliding back into Cisco UC after a short excursion to OCS/Lync voice.. (bleh).

So it looks like this version is not working for Unity 7.  My customer is having an issue with login as there is an option for Connection, but not for Unity.   I have a feeling there is another version for this somewhere that is not posted on CCO?

Same here. the 8.5.4 only has Connection 8.5 server type option if you go under settings for viewmail in Outlook after installing it.

Where is the normail ViewMail for 8.5.4 for use with Unity 7.x, etc?

This cisco document saids VMO 8.5.4 works with Unity 7.02, but only lists up to Outlook 2007 as messaging client on PC. So if 8.5.4 supports Outlook 2010 then that column in this cisco document needs to be updated.

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/unity/compatibility/matrix/cuclientmtx.html#wp364674

Thanks, Erick

Erick,

The compatibility on workstations documentation should be updated now to reflect Outlook 2010.

Thanks,

Brad

Bradford,

It looks the same to me, but how do you install ViewMail 8.5.4 for use with regular Unity (Unified Messaging - not Connections). The docs say it works with Unity and Unity Connections but when you install it and go under settings it only has "Connection 8.5" as a server type and is looking for IMAP credentials for use with Unity Connection.

I had a TAC Case open as well with this question and they told me the docs were wrong, that 8.5.4 was just for Unity Connection 8.5. I have a client trying to use Outlook 2010 with Unity 7.0(2) and ViewMail.

Thanks

Erick,

Check your private messages.

Brad

So this viewmail will work for CUC or Unity or both?     We all know its public information Unity 8.x has been taken off the table and now is under maintance mode.

8.5(4) works with both UC and Unity.  VMO functionality with this release however with Unity is very limited.

Brad

I'm having issues with this version of ViewMail and Outlook 2010.  I select Cisco Unity 7.x for the server type but am forced to enter imap credentials which we don't use.  Anyway to get this to work as it did with the previous versions of Viewmail?

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: