Helpful
Replies

Voicemail box limit exceeded

Bob Greer
Level 4
Level 4

Hi there,

Thanks for reading.

I'm hearing about a user receiving daily email alerts about mailbox quotas.  They (say) they've deleted messages but additionally, their mailbox has 14x the storage of other users!  All mbs are last in, first out.  Where are a few places to look?  I've stepped through various options on the User Menu in Unity.

Thanks!

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

1)  if you have enough storage then you can increase the amount of messages you can have in your mailbox by increasing mailbox quota.

To Change the Maximum Size Supported for a Mailbox Store

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Message Storage and select Mailbox Stores.

Step 2 On the Search Mailbox Store page, select the applicable mailbox store.

Step 3 On the Edit Mailbox Store page, change the value in the Maximum Size Before Warning field

2)      Also, try to decrease the amount of days to wait before permanently deleting deleted items out of the deleted items folder.

3)  Make sure you have checked the Delete Messages without saving to the Deleted Items folder check box under class of service which is assigned to the users.

4). Ask the users to login to the ciscopca page and make sure the deleted items folder is also empty.

users can access the ciscopca page by browsing to:

https://10.106.117.133/ciscopca

Note: Use IP of CUC to login and users have a valid web application password.

Aseem

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Aseem Anand
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Bob,

1)  if you have enough storage then you can increase the amount of messages you can have in your mailbox by increasing mailbox quota.

To Change the Maximum Size Supported for a Mailbox Store

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand Message Storage and select Mailbox Stores.

Step 2 On the Search Mailbox Store page, select the applicable mailbox store.

Step 3 On the Edit Mailbox Store page, change the value in the Maximum Size Before Warning field

2)      Also, try to decrease the amount of days to wait before permanently deleting deleted items out of the deleted items folder.

3)  Make sure you have checked the Delete Messages without saving to the Deleted Items folder check box under class of service which is assigned to the users.

4). Ask the users to login to the ciscopca page and make sure the deleted items folder is also empty.

users can access the ciscopca page by browsing to:

https://10.106.117.133/ciscopca

Note: Use IP of CUC to login and users have a valid web application password.

Aseem

Hi Aseem,

Thanks for your detailed reply!  I left out an important detail: the users are template-based.  Only this user is complaining.  Another admin may have edited individual settings but I'm not certain where to verify.

In the meantime, I'm forwarding the ciscopca URL to the user to verify from his end.

Thanks again!

Bob