Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail Pilot Recording

BoBo1
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

Can anyone direct me where to upgrade the recording that plays when I call the voicemail pilot?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

The voicemail pilot number in CUCM will send the call over to CUC, either via SIP Trunk or via a SCCP-based Hunt Pilot (depending on your integration). Once a call reaches CUC, CUC uses the Call Routing Rules to determine what to do with a call. There is a list of Rules for Direct Calls (such as calling the pilot number or pressing the Messages button on a phone), and another list for Forwarded Calls (such as someone needing to leave a voicemail for someone).

By default, the last rule in both lists is to send a caller to the Opening Greeting call handler. The other default rule in each list has to do with either leaving or retrieving voicemails for users with voicemail boxes. So look at your Call Routing Rules in CUC. Chances are very good that the default rule (sending all calls where the number is not associated with a voicemail box) to the default greeting (the Opening Greeting) is what is happening.

Maren

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

If you are talking about Cisco Unity Connection, you are looking for a Greeting (probably the Standard greeting) on a system call handler (probably the Opening Greeting system call handler). Navigate to the Opening Greeting Call Handler. Once you have opened that, navigate to Edit > Greetings and choose the Standard Greeting.

UConn.jpg

From there you can re-record the greeting using the Media Master Toolbar.

Here is a link to Configuring System Call Handlers from Cisco Unity Connection Administration Guide.

Configuring System Call Handlers 

If you are not talking about Cisco Unity Connection, or are talking about another feature, please provide more details.

Maren

This extension is not listed in the call handlers, it is the Voice Mail Pilot Number.

I can see some settings if im in CUCM and go to Advanced Features --> Voice Mail --> Voice Mail Pilot, I just cant figure out where to change the recording that plays when I call or get transferred to this extension.

The voicemail pilot number in CUCM will send the call over to CUC, either via SIP Trunk or via a SCCP-based Hunt Pilot (depending on your integration). Once a call reaches CUC, CUC uses the Call Routing Rules to determine what to do with a call. There is a list of Rules for Direct Calls (such as calling the pilot number or pressing the Messages button on a phone), and another list for Forwarded Calls (such as someone needing to leave a voicemail for someone).

By default, the last rule in both lists is to send a caller to the Opening Greeting call handler. The other default rule in each list has to do with either leaving or retrieving voicemails for users with voicemail boxes. So look at your Call Routing Rules in CUC. Chances are very good that the default rule (sending all calls where the number is not associated with a voicemail box) to the default greeting (the Opening Greeting) is what is happening.

Maren

That is exactly what I was looking for!

Thank you very much.