cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Warning: [Thread 0x000012E8] Unable to forward System NDR to unaddressedmes

hprudhomme
Level 1
Level 1

We are getting the following event log application warning many time a day: [Thread 0x000012E8] Unable to forward System NDR to unaddressedmessages.

There are two Public Distribution List: Unaddressed Messages (SERVERNAME), and Unaddressed Messages SERVERNAME. One of our administrators is a member of the Unaddressed Messages (SERVERNAME) distribution list, but when we try to add an administrator to the Unaddressed Messages SERVERNAME list it doesn't work and we get an event log error: Failed modifying properties on directory object cn=unaddressedmessages4008ad3d,cn=DistributionLists,cn=Recipients,ou=SERVERNAME,o=VM. Reason: LDAP_NO_SUCH_OBJECT.

Any ideas what the problem is?

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Unity version?

Exchange setup?

Were you adding the user via AD or the Unity web SA when you got that error?

Right off hand I have no idea why you'd be getting that error when trying to add a user to the list - however you can get around this by creating a new DL (say, "MyUnaddressedMessagesDL") and then you can stick the mail alias for that new list into the registry at:

HKLM\Software\Active Voice\Notiiver\

there's a key there called "SystemMailboxNDRTarget" that will have "unaddressedmessages" in it - if you put your mail alias for the new DL in there, it should be able to direct NDR messages sent back to the system mailbox to that list - this will at least get you access to the NDRs and stop those event log error messages.

We are running Unity 3.1.6 with Exchange 5.5 and were using the Unity Web SA to add the user.

The NDR messages seemed to start last week when the Administrator who used to get those messages left and her subscriber account was deleted.

I will look at what you suggested regarding setting up a new DL.

We also have a Unity 3.1.3 system still in another cluster. I notice that it only has an Unaddressed Messages - SERVERNAME distribution list. Looks like the 3.1.3 to 3.1.6 upgrade created the new Unaddressed Messages - (SERVERNAME) list and the other one without () might be a orphaned upgrade remanent.

Let me know if you have another other thoughts. Thanks.