Views
Helpful
Replies

Whisper coaching and Whisper Intercom

patrick.lepage
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

CUCM 8.5 has introduced Whisper Coaching. I'm confused between Whisper coaching and whisper intercom. I'm trying to understand the whisper coaching feature. Is whisper coaching uses whisper intercom feature? When turning a silent monitoring (SM) session into a whisper coaching (WC) session, does it requires another DN on the phone (such as an intercom DN)? Does the agent need a Talkback button (which is available for whisper coaching) on the phone to talk back to supervisor while being muted from caller/customer perspective.

The CUCM Features doc is pretty light around whisper coaching. It simply state that a SM session can be turned into a WC session, but nothing around the config required (at DN, CUCM, phone level) to run the feature...except the BiB...

Anybody could shared some use cases they implemented in the field?

Any config guidelines will be appreciated...

Have a good day!

6 Replies 6

dakeller
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Patrick,

Whisper intercom and whisper coaching are 2 different features.  Whisper intercom can be accomplished through configruation on CUCM using DN's and Partitions.  

The whisper coaching is a CTI based feature that is used almost exclusively in a Contact Center.   You were asking if there are key or DN's or anything else needed to use whisper coaching...the answer is no.  Whisper coaching and talkback are features that are exposed to an agent through their CTI desktop.  So these operations occur as CTI calls through the contact center application that end up controlling the phone via 3rd party call control.  You cannot set up these features on a phone that is not controlled by a CTI application. 

Hopefully this answers your question.  And I have to apologize for the delay in answering this post.  I would have answered this qustion a month ago, but there was an issue with this posting that I could not reply.  Looks like Cisco has fixed the issue.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Dan, is there any documentation on how to enable this feature?
The datasheets of latest versions of UCCE were very silent about this feature so we did not know that this important function is available.

It's not typically the admin that sets this up.  It's normally the contact center application/desktop that enables it.  As I said, the whisper coaching is a contact center feature.  As such, the contact center application will need to provide both the agent desktop and supervisor interface to leverage this feature.  So it's the job of the application to expose this functionality.  That is why you have not seen much on Whisper Coaching on CCO because it will be more advertised through a contact center app that supports it.

Thanks,

Dan Keller

Technical Marketing Engineer

Hi Dan,

We are looking to deploy CUCM 8.6 with UCCX, could we use Whisper Coaching here?  I can't seem to find any documentation on CCO for UCCX.

Hi Cisco Employee Friends in collaboration,

You have to try to remember that Cisco Partners cannot see Cisco Intranet URLs like the one erike posted.

Thanks,

Steve