Helpful
Replies

you cannot login outside corporation network -jabber client

susim
Level 3
Level 3

Hi,

we are getting the below events on  expressway -e 

2021-02-10T14:26:14.648+03:00 traffic_server[7829]: Event="Sending HTTP error response" Status="403" Reason="Forbidden" Dst-ip="104.128.83.98" Dst-port="37247" UTCTime="2021-02-10 11:26:14,648"
2021-02-10T14:26:14.648+03:00 traffic_server[7829]: Event="get_edge_sso" Detail="Access denied" Reason="MRA not supported" Domain="domainname.com" Src-ip="104.128.83.98" Src-port="37247" UTCTime="2021-02-10 11:26:14,648"

on jabber getting the below error  

"you cannot login outside corporation 

cwa just rotating 

cwa.png

The device there is no change, the certificate is internal ,but it was working 

Thanks

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

The DNS server is responding that the A record is not found. This is where I would recommend you to start looking.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

Have  you look on  your  above reply,"So if anyone tries to resolve vcse.mycompany.com.tl  from inside, it will resolve  local  IP ( that is 192.168.3.100)"

you need to look in to the DNS entry, 

Make sure that name's  and  IP address's  are  proper on Internal DNS. if there is any mistakes, change it and flush DNS on expressway C.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

33 Replies 33

Can you check all SRV record are configured properly and also check the srv from CSA tool. 

Take logs from both E and C and run it on CSA tool. This will give more information.

Response Signature

Hi,

Srv records are fine  .

From inside everything working fine 

I will check the logs from c and e 

Thanks 

Hi,

attached error from E .

Thanks 

Looks like your configuration for connection zone between C and E is not correct. Please look through your configuration and verify that configuration is as per the deployment guide.

Response Signature

Can you check your Zones between E and C  and make sure its UP.

Response Signature

Hi,

zone Status attached  from the  C 

In the second attached picture dns resolution failed ,but from the same network I can resolve . 

I don't think that could be the issue  

Thanks 

Not sure if I understand what you mean that it’s not a problem with your zone configuration as both pictures shows failed errors?

Please review the configuration guide for MRA and make sure you have correctly configured all things in both C and E. As the connection between these is dependent on name resolution it’s imperative that DNS configuration, with the proper records is present, is correct. One common issue is also certificates, the C and E uses PKI chain of trust to form the connection. If the C do not have the certificate(s) for the CA that signed the certificate for the E in its trust store and the reverse for E to C it will not form the trunk between these.

Response Signature

From the pictures shared, it looks like your configurations for zones  are not correct. Also i see DNS resolution error. Not sure what you configured on C and E ,  and also whats your DNS configurations.

I would recommend you to go through the below guide and correct your configurations.

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/expressway/config_guide/X12-5/exwy_b_mra-expressway-deployment-guide.html

Response Signature

Hi,

I have a strange issue ,dns utitity is  resolving (from C ) any fqdn to ip address except the expressway e's fqdn

Thanks

You need to check your internal DNS entries.

• Is this single domain or multi domain
  • Single nic or dual nic
  • Whats your DNS entries including the A records

Response Signature

Hi,

Here is my domain setup 

i can resolve  expressway E's fqdn from any other machine except from  'C' 

test.com (intenal) hosted internal 

test.com (external) hosted at ISP 

in internal dns server  , there is A records for both E and C 

in internal other than A records , there are SRV records _cisco-uds (pointed to cucm )  and _cuplogin (Jabber from inside it is working and from outside also was working .suddenly it stopped from outside  ) 

Attached the csa report , Expressway c is trying to resolve  the records from the dnscache 

Thanks 

Hi ,

it is dual nic 

Thanks

_cuplogin is no more required. Flush DNS on expressway  C and E. since you said it was working before Make sure all your certificates are valid too.

Whats you internal DNS entry for expressway E, is this resolve to your Exp-E internal NIC ?

Also Run SRV checker on CSA tool.

Response Signature

Hi,

Certificates are valid , SRV records are  resolution is ok from both outside and inside 

I am really confused why  EXP-C is not getting the ip address  of EXP-E  from  dns server 

but it can resolve any other fqdn public host and private host 

Whats you internal DNS entry for expressway E, is this resolve to your Exp-E internal NIC ?

it is just A record 

I am not using  any certificate from  EXTERNAL CA 

Thanks