Views
Helpful
Replies

Budget for cucm upgrade to v8.5

sergej.kach
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
Please help me to find out the budget for an upgrade.
I have CUCM v7.0.2 and cluster with two MCS7835I servers. There are about 1800 phones. I need upgrade to CUCM v8.5.
As I know there is no direct upgrade. I need upgrade first to v8.0. Do I need to pay for this step version?
There is such a mess in cisco documents with cucm licensing (for me at least). I used this document
http://www.cisco.com/web/partners/downloads/partner/WWChannels/technology/ipc/downloads/ip_comm_og_ucl_based_1021.pdf
We dont have UCSS.
Is anyone can give me part numbers for this upgrade. I would very appreciate this.

Thanks.

1 Reply 1

bvanturn
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It would be best to discuss this with your account team, they can help you with the budget and part numbers questions.

From sofware compatibility matrix it shows you can indeed not directly upgrade from 7.0(2) to 8.5(1). Though upgrades within the same major release can be done with the downloads from CCO. So you can do an intermetiate step to 7.1(3) or 7.1(5) release. From there you can do a direct upgrade to 8.5(1) though for that you would indeed need to purchase the upgrade (as it is a major upgrade from 7.x to 8.x)