cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Change AD username for Jabber/CUPS

nmoore1978
Level 1
Level 1

We are in the process of changing our AD usernames.  I'm finding out that Cisco Jabber doesn't show presence information once the username has changed.

For example, my username was "nmoore" and now it is "nicholas.moore".  I logged out of windows, Logged in successfully, forced CUCM 9.1 and Unity to update LDAP.  I logged into Jabber just fine, but all of my contacts are showing as offline.  Does something on the CUPS server need to be refreshed as well? 

3 Replies 3

George Thomas
Level 10
Level 10

I think that is to be expected since the IM address might have changed. Your contact list might be populated with contacts with the "old" IM address (AD username) and hence no presence. If you search for the user again and add the correct account, you might get presence back.

Please rate useful posts.

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Log into the CUPSuserpage, if they show fine in there, you just need to clear the cache to get the new info.

If they don't, you might need to re-add them

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

nmoore1978
Level 1
Level 1

My contacts are still showing in both the Jabber client and the CUPS user page.  I have also cleared the cache for the Jabber client. 

My contacts are still showing up as offline. 

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: