cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Check Holiday Schedule in UCCX

peggyfarrell
Level 1
Level 1

I am relatively new to Cisco Unified Communications and definitely new to the scripting side of it.   Monday is a holiday for Utah - all support personnel are on vacation and I need to check the dates in the document.   Can anyone share the steps to find the document and when I find it, to update July 26th, 2011 on it so that we are on holiday on Monday.  

I have gone through the forums and searched online, called the TAC.  the document I think may be the document does not have the date in it and I cannot figure out how to open it in .xml to modify it. 

I will be forever grateful.

Thank you so much.

2 Accepted Solutions

Accepted Solutions

If you want to modify the dates.xml you just need to download to your computer and open it with notepad or wordpad, add the line save and upload it.

Gabriel

View solution in original post

Gabriel is correct (+5 Gabriel). The file you are referring to is actually a custom file that was added by the author of your CRS script. It isn't something Cisco ships. You can download the file from the CCX server to edit offline. I don't know how your file is formatted but what you want to do is imitate the format you already see in the file and add holidays for the rest of the year. You may want to add 2012 dates if you know them. Some state/fed agencies also post holidays out for several years. I would grab those too (if it were me).

XML files are merely structured text files with parent and child nodes. You may find that your dates are entered as shown in the following excerpt:

1/1/2009

1/19/2009

The first line ("

Any line that starts with "

The "" is called a node. In the above example, it is a parent node. Everything between "" and "" are childs of this parent node. Each "xxx" represents a childnode whith "xxx" being the actual date. You must be sure to add your dates  between the "" and "". You will want to use the data format convention you already find in the file (I assume it does work as is). In the above I use mm/dd/yyyy format (without leading zeroes in the mm or dd fields).

Once you are done updating the file, upload it to the repository via AppAdmin.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

HTH -Bill (b) http://ucguerrilla.com (t) @ucguerrilla

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify

View solution in original post

9 Replies 9

peggyfarrell
Level 1
Level 1

..and some notes 

The document I believe the script is referencing doesn’t have any dates past January 1, 2011 – (if I am looking at the correct one). I went into ‘document management’ found and opened the document named ‘dates.xml’. I have tried to figure out how to add another line to it and add July 25th . 2011.

The CM is on 8.0.3.22900-5

The UCCX is on: 8.0.2.11003-10

it is not HA

thank you.

If you want to modify the dates.xml you just need to download to your computer and open it with notepad or wordpad, add the line save and upload it.

Gabriel

Thank you, so much..  this is exactly what I needed. 

you both made it so simple Gabriel and William!  - and saved the weekend!.

What seems like such a simple step - 'opening the file in notepad'  in your first exposure - it's not an intuitive step.

I am truly grateful for such a quick response and your willingness to help others in their Cisco journey.

hope you have a fabulous weekend.  You made mine.   

Gabriel is correct (+5 Gabriel). The file you are referring to is actually a custom file that was added by the author of your CRS script. It isn't something Cisco ships. You can download the file from the CCX server to edit offline. I don't know how your file is formatted but what you want to do is imitate the format you already see in the file and add holidays for the rest of the year. You may want to add 2012 dates if you know them. Some state/fed agencies also post holidays out for several years. I would grab those too (if it were me).

XML files are merely structured text files with parent and child nodes. You may find that your dates are entered as shown in the following excerpt:

1/1/2009

1/19/2009

The first line ("

Any line that starts with "

The "" is called a node. In the above example, it is a parent node. Everything between "" and "" are childs of this parent node. Each "xxx" represents a childnode whith "xxx" being the actual date. You must be sure to add your dates  between the "" and "". You will want to use the data format convention you already find in the file (I assume it does work as is). In the above I use mm/dd/yyyy format (without leading zeroes in the mm or dd fields).

Once you are done updating the file, upload it to the repository via AppAdmin.

HTH.

Regards,

Bill

Thank you, so much..  this is exactly what I needed. 

you both made it so simple Gabriel and William!  - and saved the weekend!.

What seems like such a simple step - 'opening the file in notepad'  in your first exposure - it's not an intuitive step.

I am truly grateful for such a quick response and your willingness to help others in their Cisco journey.

hope you have a fabulous weekend.  You made mine.   

No problem, always glad to help. Thanks for the feedback!

-Bill

Hi 

Can someone help

I would like to incorporate the holiday check into my uccx script, can you outline the steps to do this ?

Also how is the xml file incorporated into the script. I have been trying to figure this out for a few weeks now and no success.

Marsha

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill & Gabriel,

It's great answers like these that make CSC so outstanding!!

+5 points each for this stellar support for Peggy! Nice work

Cheers!

Rob

Hi guys,

Bill, +5 for you too, for your deeper explanation on this .

Peggy, glad to help you with this.

Rob, thanks for the +5, your answers also make CSC so outstanding, definitely.

Gabriel.