cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Agent Desktop software running multiple times in Task Manager

nshaffer79
Level 1
Level 1

Has anyone seen an issue with Cisco Agent Desktop v 6.6(1) where after closing the program completely it stays running in Windows Task Manager. We have the Agent software installed on 8 PCs and only one of them is having this happen to them. One time the PC had 15 instances of Agent.exe running in Task manager. A reboot of the PC corrected the issue, however when the issue does happen her chat box within the Agent software shows as Initializing and the agent's name appears and reappears on the Supervisor Desktop software.

If anyone needs any other info as to the versions we're using or anything else please let me know. I have searched all over the net for a solution and haven't found anything. My next step is to do a TAC case, but I wanted to post something here to see what responses I got.

Thanks,

Nick

7 Replies 7

JEck
Level 1
Level 1

We are running into the same issue.  I was wondering what the fix was?

Thanks

Jerry

Hi Jerry,

I was told that the fix for this issue would be included in the new Agent Software release. However, we have yet to upgrade to the new version.

In the meantime we were given a hot fix to correct the issue. Even with the hotfix, the issue still occurs.

So, if you like I can send you the hotfix but as I mentioned, it still hasn't fixed our issue.

Thanks,

Nick

gukukrej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Nick,

Check this bug:

http://tools.cisco.com/Support/BugToolKit/search/getBugDetails.do?method=fetchBugDetails&bugId=CSCtd75811

Multiple Agent.exe Instances Created Causing CAD Agent to Disappear.

Regards

Gurpreet

Thanks gukukrej. That is actually the hotfix I got from Cisco a couple years ago.

gukukrej
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Nick,

Here's a Tech Note which describes the symptoms you're seeing too:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/custcosw/ps1846/products_tech_note09186a008035309f.shtml

Look at, "Multiple Agent.exe Instances Created Cause CAD Agent to Disappear"

Regards

Gurpreet

Thanks gukukrej,

We are planning on upgrading our entire phone system this summer, so I will do a follow-up once we're done with our upgrades.

Thanks,

Nick

Hey Nick,

I hope this helped. You can contact TAC to obtain, "Splkstd.dll" file to apply them on the few agent machines having issues.

Please rate the post if it helped.

Warm Regards

Gurpreet

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: