Views
Helpful
Replies

[Cisco Attendand Console Standard 10.6] - Random issue when forwarding calls

Andrea Morici
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Guys,

I'd like to share with you the following 'weird' behaviour which our customer is experiencing since quite few months:

- from time to time (issue is not reproducible) some calls being forwarded land on wrong extensions.

We thought immeditely the operator/user was simply dialing the wrong number but they sweared it happened more than once and it was not their fault. Being so told, we looked into the CUCM logs but the only thing we got was a confirm AC sent the call to the wrong number.

At this point, if the users are telling us the thruth (we don't have reason why this shouldn't be tha case) we must conclude there's something wrong in AC or in its interactions with the OS.

We tried also AC 11 but, after some time, the issue surfaced again.

Any idea/suggestion :-/ ?

Thanks,

Andrea

6 Replies 6

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Andrea,

I did not find any known bug for this issue on this specific version of CUAC. SInce you are ruling out human error and also have tried different versions of the Attendant console you should contact Cisco TAC to collect the cucm, CTI and AC logs to confirm if there is any issue with the software. The tracing will need to be enabled so that the logs can be captured for the time stamp when the issue is reported.

Manish

Hi Manish,

I was almost sure this would have been the reply :-/

I suspect there could be something weird going on between AC and the OS since (and this is reproducible) when the user fills the line (phone line) field with a number and presses enter, nothing happnes and you can see a subtle refresh of the application windows (like a flicker). Repeating this same process more ad more, eventually leads to a call being placed to the specified number.

In other words, under a specific circumstance (calling from line line field) we have some input which is not being correctly processed ... not sure if this is related to the forwarding issue but it 'smells' :-/

Are you aware of any library (ex. C++ redistributable) on which AC is relying and which could cause 'interaction' flaws if on the wrong version ?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

A TAC case would help here, if there is a problem with the coding then they can engage BU for such issues.

Manish

I agree Manish but I was just checking if we could spare some time proactively working on the AC environment ;-)

Cannot believe, if this is a bug, no one else in the world noticed it before !

Cheers,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

We are having the same issue. Di you find the solution?

It looks it's a bug:

CSCuu80127 -  Dialing Number quickly on the console to perform Blind transfer

It will be fixed somewhere in the future inside AC version 11.

Meanwhile, let AC complete the search before hitting enter or use "Outbound Dialing override" (CTRL + Enter).

Cheers,

Andrea