cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cisco Unity Connection 9.0(1) now available

Anil Verma
Level 5
Level 5

The Cisco Unity Connection 9.0(1)  is now orderable. The new version of the software offers the following new features -

• Support for up to 5000 Office 365 users on a single server.
  • Intelligent Notifications ( Customized HTML notifications with actionable links delivered via SMTP ).
  • License Management and pooling through the Enterprise License Manager (ELM).
  • IPv6 support for all web based interfaces.
  • Full E.164 formatted extension support.
  • Single Voice - Customized Prompts for all outside caller conversations.
  • And more…

For more information about the release, please refer to the Release Notes  found here -

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/9x/release/notes/901cucrn.html

5 Replies 5

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Anil

Are there any plans to have Html notifications work outside the network either by auto launching VPN or without VPN?

Since a very powerful use case is a user using gmail (doesn't want to use esnatech) and checking their vm on their iPhone through gmail but if you make that user launch the tunnel it won't deliver a good experience

This of course assumes they don't have jabber

Thanks

Srini

No plans yet of auto launching the VPN or AnyConnect etc. The device has to have already done the required work to make sure that Unity Connection can be reached before clicking on the HTML links in the intelligent notification.

Okay in my mind that's a big issue considering Cisco is selling the vision of the post PC era. Just like jabber can launch any connect we need to push for that ease of use in these cases otherwise I am never going to use this feature to check message when I am outside the network.

Just like today when jabber tries to resolve the ccm fqdn and when it can't any connect is launched similar functionality could be extended to this not sure what it entails from a technical level but if the Uconn address cannot be resolved fire a VPN tunnel on the fly

Thanks

Srini

Definetely a good enhancement. I will add it to the backlog.

Thanks

Thank you for the response

Thanks

Srini