Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Cube Router(SIP Trunk) to FW then PABX

Has anyone tried the above setup? So basically what we are trying to do is to get the cube router(SIP Trunk) to connect to firewall first then PABX. My concern is that the signalling i.p. on the cube is the pabx i.p. and if we will route the cube to go through the firewall first, the cube will not be able to see it because the interface of the FW has a different i.p. Any thoughts?

4 Replies 4

As long as you have communication on IP level it would work. It’s after all SIP is a layer 3 protocol, so what you have on layers 1 and 2 is not of direct importance. Obviously you need to allow the traffic to pass through your FW.

Response Signature

you need to do some sort of nating if you terminate on the firewall. 

Response Signature

I would argue that you should if possible avoid NAT if you don’t have to use it as it complicates things so much for SIP traffic.

Response Signature

TONY SMITH
Spotlight
Spotlight

The key point is whether your firewall will be doing any NAT.  If not then it should be quite easy, make sure the routes are in place and make sure that firewall rules permit the required traffic.  Are you looking to do anything fancy like only open the firewall for the RTP ports actually in use on a given call, or are you OK with permitting anything between the relevant host addresses?

Another point of concern would be if your PBX routes media directly to the extensions.  If that's the case then your firewall will need to permit traffic between CUBE and the extensions, not just to the PBX.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: