cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCIMOC 8, can it run as a stand alone softphone

sjhern
Level 1
Level 1

Do I have to have it plugged into the Swtch port of a Cisco Phone for CUCIMOC to work..   Can I just have it on a softphone without the desk phone even being in the picture.

We have laptop users that doc and undoc their laptops and switch to wireless connectivity when that happens and that throws errors when its undocked..

3 Replies 3

jballari
Level 1
Level 1

CUCIMOC can run in two modes: either as a standalone softphone (in which case you don't need ANY phone or softphone client) or as a controlling point for your IP Phone/client. In either case you don't need to be connected to the back of a Cisco IP phone. As long as you have IP connectivity to the enterprise network where you have your servers, that is enough.

Cheers,

Jose

Thanks for the Reply Jose,    So I am able to have the softphone and deskphone control working on my windows XP machine..    However, on any wimdows 7 machine,   I can have Cucimoc Control the IP deskphone,   but the Softphone never gets registered..   There are 3 Win7 machines i am working with  2 32bit and 1 64bit altough I know it isnt yet support OCS is running on that machine in a 32bit mode..  All of these devices fail the use of the softphone feature.     Yet they can control the Desk IP phone.   any ideas on this one. 

Looks like a problem with Windows 7, but to be sure what I'd do is to replicate exactly the same configuration you have on your Windows XP machine on to the Windows 7 (same device name, etc, etc) and see if you get the same error.

If that doesn't work, try and capture the error messages you see in your CUCIMOC and I'll have a look to see if I can spot any obvious mistakes. If not, then TAC is your best option to fix this.

Cheers,

Jose