Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM AXL Query Returned Rows

aohareuri
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I currently have a SQL command running in the command line from a Microsoft SSIS server, I'd like to integrate SSIS to use AXL, however it is failing with an error of:

---------------------
ERROR: Query request too large. Total rows matched: 89736. Suggestive Row Fetch:
less than 49345
---------------------

Is there a way to increase the max rows and if so what risks are there to the environment? We have no ill-effects from using the SQL query against the command line.

AO

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's a designed limitation of AXL - the return dataset must be less then a certain size (8Mb I think) - when you receive this suggested limit size, you can re-run the query with a query like:

select first 49345 * from xxxx

to get the first rows

Then

select  skip 49345 first 49345 * from xxx

To get the second set, etc..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Aaron Harrison
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi

It's a designed limitation of AXL - the return dataset must be less then a certain size (8Mb I think) - when you receive this suggested limit size, you can re-run the query with a query like:

select first 49345 * from xxxx

to get the first rows

Then

select  skip 49345 first 49345 * from xxx

To get the second set, etc..

Aaron

Aaron Please remember to rate helpful posts to identify useful responses, and mark 'Answered' if appropriate!

That worked perfectly thank you!

Is there any way to export the results in a tab-delimited format instead of XML?

AO

Can you describe what you are doing in SSIS so far?

Do you mean get CUCM to reply in non-XML format? If so, it's a no - it's an XML based API that you are using. In code it's easy enough to parse the response and generate whatever output you like... 

I was trying to see if I could use my existing stored procedure that is importing data from the CLI to handle the output from AXL. I'll re-write it to parse XML instead into the SQL tables.

Thank you

AO