Views
Helpful
Replies

CUCM with multiple LDAP servers for user authentication

HusseinLTD
Level 1
Level 1

Hello, 

Can I integrate CUCM with multiple LDAP servers (different domains) for user authentication?

and if I enabled SSO do I still need LDAP authentication configured?

it's a holding company that would like to provide IP telephony as a service to child companies, and each company has separate LDAP server and domain.

5 Replies 5

Can I integrate CUCM with multiple LDAP servers (different domains) for user authentication?

The answer to this is no. CUCM only has one configuration option for LDAP authentication even if you could configure multiple LDAP Directory synchronizations.

if I enabled SSO do I still need LDAP authentication configured?

Yes you still need LDAP authentication and also synchronization.

Response Signature

Hello @Roger Kallberg @Jaime Valencia 
Can you please illustrate why LDAP Authentiction needed when SSO is enabled and user authenticate via ADFS.

As I have 2 OUs in Sync and only one in Auth, So users outside Auth OU can't login jabber via SSO ?

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Yes you can, but it has to be via a multi-forest integration as explained in this doc:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/support/docs/voice-unified-communications/unified-communications-manager-version-80/111979-ucm-multi-forest-00.html

That's the only way to achieve what you want.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

That’s true Java. I didn’t account for this possibility. If the OP has a multi forest setup for AD then it’s doable.

Response Signature

Hello @Roger Kallberg @Jaime Valencia I disabled LDAP Authentication and users can login fine via SSO to web, RTMT, Jabber so please advice wht is the importance of LDAP Authentication with SSO Setup

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: