Views
Helpful
Replies

CVP 11.6 SQL query using database element

touma.kayal
Level 1
Level 1

Dears,

I was already working on a Database connection throughout my CVP server. this database was well defined and working fine. 

now i need to add a new connection to a new database, so i have added this new database to the same context file and restarted my VXML service. calls to the 1st database is working fine after i've added the new database to same context file. but whenever i need to call the second database using a database element i got the below error inside the error logs:

ALFA_PostPaid,11/09/2018 14:19:27.719, The error was: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException. There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source 'ALFA1'. The root cause was: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [ALFA1] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [ALFA1].
com.audium.server.AudiumException: A built-in element encountered an exception of type com.audium.server.AudiumException.
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:416)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToAction(Controller.java:4386)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:4022)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.continueCall(Controller.java:3702)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:4118)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.goToElement(Controller.java:4118)
at com.audium.server.controller.Controller.doPost(Controller.java:1116)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:648)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:729)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:292)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:240)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:207)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:212)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:106)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:502)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:141)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:79)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:88)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:522)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.AbstractHttp11Processor.process(AbstractHttp11Processor.java:1095)
at org.apache.coyote.AbstractProtocol$AbstractConnectionHandler.process(AbstractProtocol.java:672)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.doRun(NioEndpoint.java:1502)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.NioEndpoint$SocketProcessor.run(NioEndpoint.java:1458)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1145)
at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:615)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.TaskThread$WrappingRunnable.run(TaskThread.java:61)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
Caused by: com.audium.server.AudiumException: There was a problem looking up the JNDI data source 'ALFA1'.
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSourceForTomcat(DatabaseAction.java:237)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSource(DatabaseAction.java:192)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.doAction(DatabaseAction.java:305)
at com.audium.server.voiceElement.ActionElementBase.service(ActionElementBase.java:390)
... 30 more
Caused by: javax.naming.NameNotFoundException: Name [ALFA1] is not bound in this Context. Unable to find [ALFA1].
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:818)
at org.apache.naming.NamingContext.lookup(NamingContext.java:166)
at org.apache.naming.SelectorContext.lookup(SelectorContext.java:157)
at javax.naming.InitialContext.lookup(InitialContext.java:411)
at com.audium.server.action.database.DatabaseAction.getDataSourceForTomcat(DatabaseAction.java:235)
... 33 more

context file is as below:

<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->

<Context>
<!-- Default set of monitored resources -->
<WatchedResource>WEB-INF/web.xml</WatchedResource>

<Manager pathname="" />

<Resource name="jdbc/ALFA1" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory"
driverClassName="com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://IPAddress:1433;databaseName=db_hds;user=USER;password=PASSWORD" />

<Manager pathname="" />
<Resource name="jdbc/ALFA" auth="Container" type="javax.sql.DataSource"
factory="org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.DataSourceFactory"
url="jdbc:sqlserver://IPAddress1:49349;databaseName=DB_IVR;user=USER;password=PASSWORD" />

</Context>

any input on this please ??

Appreciate your kind support

Regards,

3 Replies 3

Ahmed Adeyemi
Level 4
Level 4

Hello Touma,

I was able to use this XML and got it to work. In addition to that, I put in the sqljdbc4-3.0.jar in the Cisco/CVP/VXMLServer/Tomcat/Lib.

Then I was receiving issues with TLS1.2 so I added "-Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2" into 

we have to configure it manually..

- Go to Cisco\CVP\VXMLServer\Tomcat\bin

- tomcat8w //ES//VXMLServer 

- This will open JVM settings. Go into the Java tab, scroll all the way down to the bottom and add

"-Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2"

Make sure the quotes are not added.

<!-- The contents of this file will be loaded for each web application -->

<Context>

<Manager pathname="" />

<Manager pathname="" />

<Resource

auth="Container"

name="jdbc/sqlserver"

type="javax.sql.DataSource"

maxIdle="2"

maxWait="5000"

user="sa"

password="userfriendlyP@ssw0rd"

url="jdbc:sqlserver://10.11.12.11:1433;databaseName=Test_hds;user=sa;password=userfriendlyP@ssw0rd"

maxActive="10"

removeAbandoned="true"

removeAbandonedTimeout="5"

logAbandoned="true"      

</Context>

thank you Bodbol for the reply, but this was already implemented before i posted this thread. 

issue was resolved and it turned out to be a local security policy on the AWHDS server which was denying access to the AWHDS. database. 

Recently upgraded ICM 11.6.1, Post which CVP unable to write in Database which is running SQL 2014 but i point to SQL 2008 for testing, it worked.
Noticed that 11.6.1 is hitting bug.
In order to CVP communicate to SQL 2014. we need to make entry in registry, below is bug detail and detail steps.

https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch/bug/CSCvg20831/?reffering_site=dumpcr
Conditions:
CVP 11.6 upgrade with SQL 2014SP2
Workaround:
1. Change below settings in the VXML server:
Under "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE -> SOFTWARE -> Wow6432Node -> Apache Software Foundation -> Procrun 2.0 -> VXMLServer -> Parameters -> Java -> Options"
Add "-Djdk.tls.client.protocols=TLSv1.2"
2. Restart the Cisco CVP VXMLServer service from the Windows Services application.