cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Greetings Administrator "extension you entered was not found"

bill brannum
Level 1
Level 1

I created a new call handler and assigned  an extension with a CTI route Point.   I have given myself  ownershipof the  call handler.  Then created a forwarding  routing rule for the extension.  I can call the extension directly and hear the recording.  However when I call the  Greetings administrator after entering my ID and Pin,  I  enter the extension of the new call handler and I get the "extension you entered was not found".  I can enter another call handler and it works fine.  What could I be missing.   

thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

When using a CTI route point in conjunction with a call handler, you usually set up call forward all on the CTI-RP to voicemail, create the call handler with the matching extension and require no routing rules of any kind. I'm guessing the new call handler does not have the matching extension to the CTI-RP.

So, for example the new CTI-RP is DN 5000>call forward all to the voicemail pilot number>and the call handler is setup as extension 5000.

Cheers!

Rob

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Bill,

When using a CTI route point in conjunction with a call handler, you usually set up call forward all on the CTI-RP to voicemail, create the call handler with the matching extension and require no routing rules of any kind. I'm guessing the new call handler does not have the matching extension to the CTI-RP.

So, for example the new CTI-RP is DN 5000>call forward all to the voicemail pilot number>and the call handler is setup as extension 5000.

Cheers!

Rob

I have the same issue, same error, but it is not CTI RP. does it has to match as well? for example the DN is assigned to a device using E164. +xxxxxxxxxxx and in the unity the call handler is without the "+".  

It is the main number of an office and so we are forwarding busy and no answer to that call handler. 

will it affect?

adamcrabb
Level 4
Level 4

I believe Bill's issue is with the Greetings Admin not finding the call handler he'd like to edit.  To be able to access the Greetings Admin you either bury it in an existing call handler and dial that number and select a "silent" option.  Or you can create the CTI-RP and then the Forwarded Routing Rule to launch the Greetings Admin.

I'm having the same problem as Bill Brannum... I can get to the greetings admin via the routing rule, I've created the call handler and made my user account a call handler owner, but the greetings admin is telling me that "The extension you entered was not found, try a different extension".

Bill - did you ever get past this?

Thanks!

Adam

My problem ending up being under the dial plan for Unity.  I had created a new Partition and Search space,  and I needed to add my global partition to the search space as well.   

Thanks Bill - I ended up figuring out the same a few minutes ago.  We added a remote site that has it's own CCM cluster and dial plan so we decided to use PT/CSS to keep everything separate.  Thanks for the quick reply!