Views
Helpful
Replies

How to numbers instead of Name identification in CUC

divine007
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured my system call handler for a small hotline service is ok 

But now i did another conf whereby a number is dialed and your ask to call the persons name you want to reach

like "john" or "Marry" and the call is forwarded to him or her respectively it works 

Now i wish to configure it in such a way that  instead of calling the person name. i instead want to input but the persons extension number 

like   user Calls ==>888888=>system ask to input extension, i input extension 412

user call 88888 is sent to 412

Please can someone give me some tips to go about it.

Thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

So, I am assuming you are either entering extension of phone that does not have a matching voicemail extension, or that whatever you enter does not match exactly what is defined as the extension, or there is either CSS/partition issue or restriction tables are misconfigured.  Lets start with the first 2 scenarios:

1. If you are entering extension that is not assigned to voicemail users your solution is to check "allow transfers to number not associated with users or call handlers" on the standard greeting page of the call handler.

2. if the entered extension is lets say 4 digits, but it is defined in the system as 10 digits, you can prepend digits on the caller input page.

View solution in original post

8 Replies 8

Chris Deren
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Sounds like your current handler is a directory handler which does lookup against a name. If you simply want a dial by number that is enabled by default on all call handlers, so simply start dialing digits while a call handler greeting is being played (may want to record the prompt to inform caller of this option).

So if i just configure my system call handler and don't configure any call inputs

when some calls he will be asked to input the extension he wants to reach?

Correct, the call handler will allow to enter extension at any time.

Thanks alot 

Greetings 

I configured call handler as call_ext with its number. But when I try to call I hear

"User call_ext is not available" and that let me keep me message.

My goal is  to input the extension of the person I will like to reach

Like I will record 

"Kindly enter the extension of the person you will like to reach" and when you do call gets sent to the person.

Please advice on how to go about

So, I am assuming you are either entering extension of phone that does not have a matching voicemail extension, or that whatever you enter does not match exactly what is defined as the extension, or there is either CSS/partition issue or restriction tables are misconfigured.  Lets start with the first 2 scenarios:

1. If you are entering extension that is not assigned to voicemail users your solution is to check "allow transfers to number not associated with users or call handlers" on the standard greeting page of the call handler.

2. if the entered extension is lets say 4 digits, but it is defined in the system as 10 digits, you can prepend digits on the caller input page.

Your right option 1 now it works fine

I have configured call handler where i enter the local extension 

and directory handler where i enter the local users name

So presently and testing to see how i can optimize it, but its working now

Great, let us know if you need any further assistance, otherwise you can mark the thread as answered.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: