Views
Helpful
Replies

HTML Notification in Unity Connections 10.5

bigcappa1
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Guys,

I am trying to get HTML notification working for Unity. I can get it to deliver however when I set the Template up with the custom graphics, none of the graphics get sent with the mail. I thought it was an outlook issue at first but it isnt. I copied the Default_Dymanic_Icons template to cusomize out own. I then created a new Top image and in the preview it looks great. However  the top image, the bottom image (which I didnt modify) the MWI Status and Message Status Icons also dont get sent.

The HTML is not difficult and the only modification I did was to some of the bottom text and changed the variable %DEFAULT_TOP_% to %COMPANYNAME_TOP% all other are the same.

Any ideas or anyone got this working successfully

thanks

Paul

2 Replies 2

yallies
Level 1
Level 1

hello,

my answer is maybe late, but I have just "played" with the HTML Notification Template  of Unity Connection and I have maybe an answer to your problem.

This HTML Notification is very limited, first of all you have to know that HTML doesn't send the picture itself but only the link to it. So if you upload your png file to the CUC server, you must then create a Custom Variable that contains the link to your picture, but the difficulty is that CUC server supports only HTTPS request so the end user will receive an email with an authentication request to see the picture. A solution is to include the username/pwd of a dummy CUCuser in the https link to the picture , another one is to upload the picture on another HTTP server that doesn't require authentication and that is reachable by end user's computer.

So in resume :

1. create a Custom Graphics on CUC server : Company_LOGO for instance

2. create a dummy user on CUC server : HTML_user / pwd

3. create a Cutom Variable:  Company_LOGO , value = https://HTML_user:pwd@<IP addresse CUC server>/vmrest/customgraphics/Company_LOGO/image

4. create your Notification Template using the Custom Variable :  %Company_LOGO%

If you use an external HTTP server to store the picture : go directly to Step 3 with the value for Custom Variable Company_LOGO = http://<IP addresse HTTP server>/path/image-name

Hope this will help

yallies,

Sorry for the length in responding.  I  managed to get it working no problem, it was a cert issue originally but the corporate team wanted a better looking display. So they went mad on the html and the layout. I tried using CSS as well but that seems to make things worse. So yes it would appear the sticking variable and HTML layout is the best way to go. Its ok to change the image just keep it similar in size to the Cisco images and layout

thanks

Paul

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: