cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

if i need to reboot the cucm cluster after each of the following files installation

yossi.rata
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,
i'm in a middle of POC for a customer,
and i want to know if i need to reboot the cucm cluster after each of the following files installation.
-device package:(cmterm-devicepack10.5.2 )
-cop file:(cm-locale-he_IL-10.5.1.1000-1.cop.sgn)
-language and locale (cmterm-88xx-sip.15-5-1SR1-1.k3.cop.sgn)

I don't want to reboot the cluster three times.
Thanks
yossi

6 Replies 6

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

The README for each file has this information, have you reviewed them??

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

hello Jaime,

thanks for your help

but I want to be a more specific  

I wanted to ask if I can install all three of them at the same time without rebooting after every installation and reboot only once at the end.

if this possible?

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Yossi,

Here are the details related to each file type;

Install a Device Pack

Apply this device package to all of your Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers, beginning with the publisher server and the TFTP server.

When you apply a Device Package to enable new device support, a cluster-wide reboot is required for those devices to register successfully. A cluster-wide reboot is not required when you apply a Device Package to update existing firmware or configuration.

You must perform all software installations and upgrades by using the Software Upgrades menu options. The system can upload and process only software that Cisco approved. You cannot install or use third-party or Windows-based software applications that you used with a previous version of Cisco Unified Communications Manager.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/cucm/compat/Devpacks_admin/CMDP_BK_CD82F19C_00_cisco-unified-communications-manager-device/Cisco_Unified_Communications_Manager_Device_Package_Installation_and_Administration.html

Locale file Installation - (there is a ReadMe available for each version)

Cisco Unified Communications Locale Installer MUST be installed on every Cisco Unified Communications Manager server in a cluster, starting with the publisher. After installation has completed, it is essential to reboot the platform in order for all user and network locale changes to become fully activated.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074333/131507/cm-locale-10.5.2.2200_ReadMe.pdf

Installing the Firmware Load

Before using the Cisco IP Phone 8811, 8841, 8851, 8851NR and 8861 with Cisco Unified Communications Manager Release 8.5(1) or later, you must install the latest firmware on all Cisco Unified Communications Manager servers in the cluster.

on each server in the cluster;

Select the Cisco Tftp service, and click the Restart button.

From;

http://www.cisco.com/web/software/282074288/133328/cmterm-88xx.11-5-1-18-readme.html

Cheers!

Rob

hello rob,

thanks for your help

I wanted to ask if I can install all three of them at the same time without rebooting after every installation and reboot only once at the end.

if this possible?

hello rob,

thanks for your help

if this possible?

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Yossi,

Installing the above mentioned cop file, device pack and locale can be done on all the nodes followed by a single cluster reboot as all these are independent installations. However, as mentioned by Jaime and Rob you should always check the Read me files for any restrictions or known issues.

HTH

Manish