Views
Helpful
Replies

Jabber Phone only with MRA

W S H FERNANDO
Level 4
Level 4

Hi Friends 

I have a customer who is using Jabber Voice only (Phone only) service, they are not using IM and Presence for that they are using MS Lync 

Now they need to use Phone only service without VPN (MRA), I need to know whether phone only is supporting with MRA ?

they don't have IM & P Servers, they only have CUCM servers. is there any architecture change for this set-up or we can use the same set-up as Jabber MRA for IM and Presence ?

Regds

$

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK it works in both, full UC or phone-only mode, and all the settings and config is the same, you simply don't configure the service profile with an IM&P option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Jaime Valencia
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

AFAIK it works in both, full UC or phone-only mode, and all the settings and config is the same, you simply don't configure the service profile with an IM&P option.

HTH

java

if this helps, please rate

Thank you very much Jaime 

Great as usual 

Regds

$

I haven't done that, but  I agree with Jaime's response, you should be able to proxy in Jabber through the collab edge without the need for IM&P server in that case.

Someone asked this in - Ask the Expert Event see below response from the MRA SME:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/discussion/12226141/ask-expert-plan-design-and-implement-mobile-remote-access-cisco-collaboration

-Terry

Please rate all helpful posts

Hi Jaime,

Is there any document that i can refer to configure Phone Only mode with SME integration and MRA. 

Please share.

Hendrik Schraa
Level 1
Level 1

After having configured the system accordingly, this is indeed working.

1) End user configuration should have the "Enable user for Unified CM IM&P" set to disabled.
2) Service profile should not specify any "IM&P profile" UC service specification at primary, secondary or tertiary

I ran into authentication problems without this.

Additional question though; in this mode, the users display name on the client (tested iPhone, Android and Windows desktop) either shows up as being the actual username (and not a contraction of first & last name) possibly with the internal CUCM FQDN rather than the actual voice/video domain; is this something that is "as-is" or does anybody know more about this?

Appreciated.