cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Listening to Voicemails via OWA

kodre
Level 1
Level 1

Is possible for users to listen to their messages via Microsoft OWA with their local PC media client such as Media Player. I thought that users had to “save” the message to their PCs then play the message, but I have a user who claims that QuickTime plays his messages with no problem after he clicks on them in OWA. What do I have to enable in Media Player to make it play messages via OWA

2 Replies 2

lindborg
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

No reason you can't do this - it's just a WAV file attachment so it should play normally without having to save it locally first.

As a side note, you can't reply to the voice mail and have it be a voice message (it'll be flagged as a pain email with WAV attachment instead) - there is no VMO plug in for OWA...

I understand what you are saying, but I have never seen it work. It seems to be an issue with https and Media Player. I will attach the error message I get. Below is what MS says about the error:

You receive a "A security problem occurred" error message when you try to play content on a secure Web site in Windows Media Player 10

View products that this article applies to.

Article ID

:

Last Review

:

March 24, 2005

Revision

:

On this page

SYMPTOMS

WORKAROUND

APPLIES TO

SYMPTOMS

When you try to play content that is located on a secure server (https://) in Microsoft Windows Media Player 10, you receive the following error message:

A security problem occurred.

If you click Close, the content does not play. If you click Web Help, you receive an error message that refers to 800C000E. However, you cannot find any help for this error message.

Back to the top

WORKAROUND

To work around this issue, save the content to your local computer before you try to play it. To do this, right-click the content on the secure Web page, and then click Save Target As.

Back to the top

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

APPLIES TO

Microsoft Windows Media Player 10

Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Concise Edition

Microsoft Encarta Encyclopedia 2000 Deluxe Edition