Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Message from Unity Connection messaging system

When people from an outside line leave messages on Unity, caller ID seems to work, since the relay message includes the phone number. Users dial voicemail, press 1 to hear the messages, every message from an outside line is from Unity Connection Messaging System. When the system was first setup, I'm pretty sure the recording would at least tell you the callerid then play the message. How do I get the callerid back?

6 Replies 6

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ralph,

In your second scenario, where the CLID is not present, are

these direct calls or are they transferred from an AA or Call Handler?

Cheers!

Rob

In the cases I've tested, they are direct calls.

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Ralph,

Well...that is strange for Direct calls for sure. Can you please let us know

what version of CUC and CUCM you are running?

Cheers!

Rob

CUC: 7.1.3ES26.32900-26

CUCM: 8.0.3.10000-8

Hi Ralph,

i had the same issue on CUC 7.1.3ES11.21900-11

The user "Unity Connection Messaging System" is a system user on CUC.

The message "Message from Unity Connection messaging system" was spoken from TTS in CUC.

Try to restart the service "Connection Conversation Manager" on all servers in the cluster, in my case it helps.

After restarting the service, the message did not appear again.

I have pasted an explanation to the user "Unity Connection Messaging System", from the "System Administration Guide for
Cisco Unity Connection in Cisco Unified CMBE".

Unity Connection Messaging System
This account acts as a surrogate sender for messages from unidentified callers. Thus, user messages from
unidentified callers are identified as coming from the Unity Connection Messaging System mailbox
(UnityConnection@).
The alias for this account is UnityConnection. This account can be viewed in
Connection Administration, but cannot be modified or deleted.

Regards Torsten

The "Unity Connection Messaging System" account seems like it still can not be modified in version 8.X 

Here is a link to the "Default Recipient Accounts in Cisco Unity Connection 8.x" section of the "System Administration Guide for Cisco Unity Connection Release 8.x"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/administration/guide/8xcucsag170.html#wp1095895