Views
Helpful
Replies

Migrating from Legacy (various Vendors) to CUCM 8.6

Ojasvi Bansal
Level 1
Level 1

Hello Experts,

I am working on a design for a client that has 9 remote sites and 1 main site. The sites are connected with each other using private shared network with no QoS enabled. The client is migrating to a new network that will be QoS ready. This migration will be done by the end of year.

The client wants to get rid of their exisitng legacy/digital PBXs and migrate to Cisco CUCM platform before the network upgrade. One of the challenges is to provide them with an interim solution. After the network upgrade is done, it is very simple to deploy Centralized CUCM.

I am thinking about using CME at 9 remote site with local CUE and PSTN at each site. The main site will have CMBE5K or 6K. After the network upgrade is done, centralize the call control and use CME licenses as SRST. The challenge here is to justify the cost of CME licenses, CUE, voicemail port etc...

Any thought on how I can further improve the design.

Regards

OJ Bansal

2 Replies 2

skilambi
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

CME/SRST is interchangeable. So there is no cost there. Phone licenses used to be free between CCME and CUCM. But now at a minimum you have to pay for 3 dollars per user. CUE is the only one you don’t get credit for to go to Uconn.

Thanks

Srini

Hello Srini,

Thanks for your response. Even with 3 and 3 migration promotion, I am looking a an investment of approximately $40,000 for all the 9 sites plus extra work to migrate the sites over to CUCM.

Regards

OJ Bansal