cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Moving a phone number

chris_nelson
Level 1
Level 1

I am new to CUCM, I need to move a user from a 7841 phone to a 8841 phone. The previous person set up on the 8841 phone still needs to maintain their phone number - but it will not be assigned to an actual physical phone. My plan is to delete the phone 7841, then rename the 8841 with the information from the 7841 phone. This would leave the other persons phone number still in the system. Is this the correct thing to do, or is there something else I should be doing? thank you in advance for any suggestions.

2 Replies 2

Mike_Brezicky
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Deleting the 7841 and re-configuring the 8841 with the new user info is the right way. Once you type in a different directory number, the previous one wont be delete, just unassigned.
Are you expecting the removed number to receive calls - if so it might need to be setup on a CTI device to maintain call control such as forward to voicemail.

Thanks Mike. That helps. regarding the CTI, right now that number is set up as a DN on another phone. (not sure if that would suffice or not. So when that line rings, it can be picked up. I will need to test though. and there is still voicemail as well.