Views
Helpful
Replies

No voicemail attachments with Single Inbox enabled in Unity Connection 8.6

Mario Jakab
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

We have Unity Connection 8.6.2ES69.23900-69 and Exchange 2013 U10 enabled for Single Inbox.

When a voicemail is left an email goes to that user in Outlook but the email received does not contain the voicemail message attached.

What do I need to do to get that VM to be attached?

Thank you!

Subject: Message notification: Voice message from +1XXXXXXXXXX

Voice Count: 1
Voice message from +1XXXXXXXXXX received 07:39:07 AM 12/17/2015 GMT-07:00

8 Replies 8

Manish Gogna
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi Mario,

Can you check if the messages are classified as secured under user settings on Unity connection. Go to User > Edit > Message Settings,  uncheck the option for secure messages if checked. More details about Single inbox and wav file attachments here

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/8x/unified_messaging/guide/85xcucumgx/85xcucumg020.html#pgfId-1244940

Manish

- Do rate helpful posts -

Hi Manish,

thanks for your reply.  The Mark Secure check box is unchecked under the Message Security area.

Hi Mario,

Can you go to User > Edit > Unified Messaging Accounts > Select the account and click on 'Test' , see if the test passes.

Manish

Amit Kumar
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

here is what you need to do to get the voicemail attachment;

make sure you have a set; the user\edit\ Message action \ voicemail set to " Accept and Relay the messages".

and there is a valid smart host configured use the following steps to confirm the same;

Step 1 In Cisco Unity Connection Administration, expand System Settings, expand SMTP Configuration, then select Smart Host.

Step 2 On the Smart Host page, in the Smart Host field, enter the IP address or fully qualified domain name of the SMTP smart host server. (Enter the fully qualified domain name of the server only if DNS is configured.)

Step 3 Select Save.

-rate if this helps.

Hi Amit, thanks for the reply.  The smart host is already configured and it is working for some users but there are a few users who are not receiving the attachment.  Only the notification as specified in the bottom of my original post.

what about this configuration for the end user;

make sure you have a set; the user\edit\ Message action \ voicemail set to " Accept and Relay the messages".

I tried to change that setting for a particular user but it asks me for an external email address.  We already have corporate email configured so not sure if that is the correct way to go.

mario, from the problem description it more sounds like that you are doing message relay rather than unified messaging. Reason being you have a smarthost configured and the response that end user receives in an email is part of the SMTP notification.

Just to reconfirm; can you check the following setting; unity connection administration\ unified messaging\ unified messaging service

and confirm if you see any entry here ?