Views
Helpful
Replies

Ring Schedule in Self Care Portal and Daylight Savings

drehstrom
Level 1
Level 1

Hi guys,

we have set up a bunch of RDPs and some of our staff would like to define a custom ring schedule. Unfortunatly there is no option to do it within the user interface, so I have to do it via CUCM - very annoying.

So question 1: Is there any possibility to edit the ring schedule within the user interface and

question 2: I have to specify a time zone but there is no option to specify daylight savings (hope EU gets rid of it anyway) so I have to change every profile twice a year!? Why can't I use system time - would be much more convenient...

Thanks for your help, have a nice weekend

Stephan

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

This should be possible to manage by the users them self on the user CM page. See below pictures taken for this on my TCT device.

Snag_48564f.png

Snag_3e77a3.png

Snag_40dba3.png

This should from what I remember work the same with RDPs.

The timezone you set would use the DST settings that the system has for the zones that gets installed with the TZ update file for CM.

Response Signature

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

This should be possible to manage by the users them self on the user CM page. See below pictures taken for this on my TCT device.

Snag_48564f.png

Snag_3e77a3.png

Snag_40dba3.png

This should from what I remember work the same with RDPs.

The timezone you set would use the DST settings that the system has for the zones that gets installed with the TZ update file for CM.

Response Signature

I added a RDP to my account to check if it’s the same and it was. So you should be able to have your users maintain this themselves.

Response Signature

Thanks for your help, that did it!

But no wonder I missed this option. Yours is named clearly, mine looks like:

Unbenannt.PNG

Any idea how to edit this cryptic label?

Thanks again

Stephan

Bringing light into the dark...

If you have configured the ring schedule from within CUCM, it generates a cryptic random name. You can rename this ring schedule when logged in as user.

Unbenannt.PNGDidn't find a way to rename the ring schedule within CUCM yet - anyone?

Cheers
Stephan