Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection 9.0 - Speech view registration

Elena Pudge
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I've got a new build for CUXN 9.0, and Unity connection seems to be rejecting emails from Exchange during the speechview registration:

[x.x.x.x] rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

stt-service@unity.cec.local

[x.x.x.x] gave this error:
Sender format error

Your message couldn't be delivered because you weren't recognised as a valid sender. Make sure that your sending address is set up correctly and try to send the message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

I have added Exchange as a smart host, and have added the ip addres to the list of trusted ip addresses. Is there somewhere else I need to allow it?

Thanks

Elena

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Hi Elena,

I'm assuming this is Exchange 2010?  If so, you'll need to modify the send connector in Exchange.

The source of the problem seems to be that Microsoft Exchange 2010 adds "AUTH=<>" to the end "MAIL FROM" SMTP command.  When this happens Unity Connection will reject the e-mail with a 5.1.7 Sender Format Error.

The Exchange Command Shell command would be: 

Set-sendconnector "connector name" -forceHELO 1 

You can then run this command to check it: 

Get-sendconnector "connector name" | format-list

Hope that helps,

Brad

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Jonathan Schulenberg
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Take a look at this document:

https://supportforums.cisco.com/docs/DOC-15726

The configuration on Exchange is not at all straight forward. You have to translate the email address between your public domain and the Unity Conneciton SMTP domain  (i.e.  domain.com to unity.cec.local).

Please remember to rate helpful responses and identify helpful or correct answers.

I have done all the exchange configuration and the works fine. Ie emails to the external email address get delivered to exchange, then forwarded to the unity alias address - stt-service@unityconnection.

The issue I'm having is the Unity Connection seems to be refusting the email from Exchange (this is the response to the registration email for speechview service) with the error  above. The reason I can see the error is when I setup the mail contact, I've left it so that a copy of email is forwarded to unity connection and a copy is kept in the mailbox, so tha tI can see whats going on. So from the mailbox on exchange I can see the registration email arriving from nuance-vm, and then get a response from unity connection as above rejecting the email

Did you add the Exchange hub transport server to the Trusted IP Access list (last step of that doc)?

Hi Elena,

I'm assuming this is Exchange 2010?  If so, you'll need to modify the send connector in Exchange.

The source of the problem seems to be that Microsoft Exchange 2010 adds "AUTH=<>" to the end "MAIL FROM" SMTP command.  When this happens Unity Connection will reject the e-mail with a 5.1.7 Sender Format Error.

The Exchange Command Shell command would be: 

Set-sendconnector "connector name" -forceHELO 1 

You can then run this command to check it: 

Get-sendconnector "connector name" | format-list

Hope that helps,

Brad

Hi Brad,

Just found that for some reason the send connector got disabled, all sorted now

thanks for all replies

Elena

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: