Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Connection - Call not "answered" by CUC

james_be_81
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

We have recently noticed that, at least for one of our branch site, call forward (CFWA, CFNA, CFB) or direct call to Unity are *sometimes* not answered by Unity Connection.

The call keeps ringing (on the phone, the pilot point number is shown) but is never answered. It happens randomly and many users are impacted.

I first though it was a port registration problem, but all ports look registered in CM.

Using the Cisco Unity Port Monitor show no incoming call (whyle other call are getting answered by CUC at the same moment). We have at least 100 ports free so it is not a capacity problem, and I believe I would hear a busy tone, instead of the ringback.

This is very frustracting and hard to test has the behaviour can change from one call to another.

Any idea where I should look ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

yahsiel2004
Level 7
Level 7

Do you have multiple VM Profiles?

HTH Regards, Yosh

Yes, one profile per site. All profiles share the same pilot point.
The pilot has a css with VMports partition in it.

Regards

Sent from Cisco Technical Support iPad App

Rob Huffman
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi James,

My guess here is that the "failed" calls do not even reach

Unity Connection. If it was a problem with CUC you would probably

be seeing common trouble reports from all the branch sites. It seems

more likely that this would be related to the connectivity between the

branch and the main site.

If you try forwarding to a test phone rather than Unity Connection

you may see a similar type of random failures.

Just a shot here

Cheers!

Rob

"Spend your life waiting,
for a moment that just don't come,
Well, don't waste your time waiting" 

-Springsteen

I tend to agree with Rob's initial hunch here.  If you are using port monitor and do not even see the call coming into CUC then I'd first suspect something else is at fault here.  I would first try to isolate the problem as much as possible...at least, from a logical perspective.  Can you isolate to a site or a phone (or even a group of phones)?  You may even refer to the CUCM trace files when an issue occurs to get details at what is happening here.  You may also want to double check the port configurations on Unity Connection.  Ensure that all of the ports that are in the associated line groups in CUCM are configured to Answer calls.

Can you give some details on the integration/configuration?  Version of CUC, # of ports, line/hunt configuration, etc?

Like Rob said...just a shot.

Hailey

Please rate helpful posts!