Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity connection dial by extension in auto attendant

Nkechi Latunji
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I have used + E.164 numbers (+1416XXXX2XX) as my extensions in unity connection, I would like for callers to only dial 2xx when inside a greeting to be transferred to an extension. I can configure 2XX as alternate extension for all users to achieve this. Is there a better way? I tried messing around with call forwarding rules, but that did not work.

Thanks

3 Replies 3

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Alternate extension would work. You could also configure the call handler to prepend digits for dialed extensions (Call handler > Caller input > Check the box to enable Prepend Digits to Dialed Extension > enter the digits to prepend).

http://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/voice_ip_comm/connection/7x/administration/guide/7xcucsagx/7xcucsag060.html#66073

Brandon

Thanks Brandon. The number is for individual mail boxes and not call handlers.

OK. I assumed the greeting you were referring to was a call handler greeting. The same setting applies to users. You can prepend digits to dialed extensions. Users > Edit > Caller Input > Prepend Digits to Dialed Extensions. You could use bulk administration to update all users with this setting.

Brandon