Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Express Call Redirect step Invalid branch

Ruslan Amrahov
Level 1
Level 1

Hi dears,

I am using CUE version 8.5.1 and faced the strange behavior. I am using CallRedirect step to reach my internal extensions. So, when the caller gets into IVR he is prompted to enter internal extension number. CallRedirect has PlayPrompt step on Invalid branch but when I am typing the extension that does not exist I hear CUCM's Lady "Your call cannot be completed..". Why does this happen and how can I make the script to play my prompt instead that one?

Thank you for attensions

7 Replies 7

Markus Schneider
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

It really all depends on what CUE gets back when the call is redirected (if anything).  The call may just be routed to something playing that prompt (as a "successful" call) instead of getting back a message in the signalling (JTAPI?  SIP?) that indicates an invalid destination.  You might be able to see that if you gather traces of both a valid redirect and such an invalid one and compare (see http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps5520/products_tech_note09186a0080250d90.shtml).

Thank you, Markus.

So, I configured CUE to send traces to syslog server, but can not select correct trace. I am using JTAPI for signalling. Which will be suited?

Seems that noone knows the reason?

Just clear a "clear trace", then place a call that fails, then "show trace buff long".  Save the output to the terminal in a text window (there will be a lot).  Search for EXECUTING_STEP until you find one that mentions Call Redirect going to the number you dialed.  The JTAPI signalling and what CUE is returned is what you're looking for.

Then repeat these steps for a call that works with a successful transfer (make sure you do "clear trace" first). 

The default trace levels should be fine.

Thank you, Markus

I captured that traces and did not find any diffirence between unsuccessfull and successful call. I have attached both traces. First - i was calling to non-existing number 240 and second - to 234 number. Could you please help me to find out the issue in traces?

I think this has been answered to you above already.

Technically, the call is being transferred correctly, CUE has no way to know that and you can't do anything about this fact.

See if you can disable annunciator for non-existant extensions in CM, or have it send the call back to CUE again.

Thank you then