Views
Helpful
Replies

Unity Greeting Administrator without authentication

Sarg .
Level 3
Level 3

Hello ,

A client of mine  uses unity connection for their out of hours greeting or message.   They did not want it use a working-hours schedule because they do not have any set time for opening and closing the office. I managed to achieve this by setting  up a transfer(via alternate greeting) rule on the call-handler to point at the hunt-group number on cucm. So during the day, they would activate the alternate greeting and the calls would transfer to the agents but during non-production hours, the call-handler would be called vai greeting administrator and the alternate greeting would be turned off so that calls would start going to voice-mail.   

The problem

The problem is that the customer does not want  users to have to enter a pin or user-id. They just want to be asked, do you want to turn on alternate-greeting; press 1 for yes, press 2 for no. 

Guys, do you think this can be done ?

Thanks

4 Replies 4

Brandon Buffin
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

I don't believe this is possible with Unity out of the box. The closest you could get is not requiring a PIN to sign in to the mailbox. In user settings check the box "Skip PIN When Calling From a Known Extension" and set the proper phones as alternate extensions.

Brandon

I would then hit the problem that alternate extension cannot be more than 10  number. so if more than 10 users are part of the team,  only some of the team would have access to this.  How about rest-API  Do you think that might work?    It were possible, I could cook up a rest-API solution. 

One way to overcome the alternate extension limitation is to create a CTI route point/DN and forward this DN to the VM hunt pilot. In CUC, create a forwarded routing call routing rule, assign the condition forwarding station = DN of CTI route point and send call to Attempt Sign-In.

Here's the info on the CUC APIs. This is beyond my experience but might be possible.

http://docwiki.cisco.com/wiki/Cisco_Unity_Connection_APIs

Brandon

Also make the CTI route point DN an alternate extension.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: