cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail language defaults to French

bkhanal1971
Level 3
Level 3

Recently I added French language pack in my Unity Connection cluster. Ever since then, voicemail language defaults to French rather than English. For example, if I call an extension that does not have a voicemail box, the call gets forwarded to Unity connection and play the message in French. How do I change it so that the default language is English?

6 Replies 6

Go to System Settings > General Configuration to set the default language for Unity Connection.

The default language is English there.

How interesting!

What about the Call Routing Rules? Are they set to either English or System Default?

They are set to Inhert Language from the caller.

What shows up for locales when you issue the cli command:  show cuc locales ?

The last thing I would ask is whether you stopped the Connection Conversation Manager and Connection Mixer services prior to installation. And then start them after installation along with restarting the Cisco Tomcat Service. If you did not, try restarting those three services.

If you did restart all three, what happens if you set your Call Routing Rules to either use English specifically, or to use the System Default rather than Inherit?

With the routing rules set to Inherit, you should be getting the System Default. As you are not, unless someone else on the forum has additional magic, it may be time for TAC.

(Ugly suggestion: You could try a cluster reboot, too.)

I will go with TAC option :)

Thanks