cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Voicemail only retrievable in Outlook

tohoken
Level 1
Level 1

When I receive a voicemail I can only retrieve it from Outlook. If I check messages from the phone I get a no new messages and no saved messages response. I also get no MWI on the phone but there is new voicemail in my Exchange account. What could be causing this? I use Unity 4.2 in a Windows 2003 AD environment. Unity is installed for Unified Messaging. This has just recently started to happen. When Unity was first installed I could access messages from Outlook or from the phone. No changes have been made to the Unity system.

4 Replies 4

Ginger Dillon
VIP Alumni
VIP Alumni

Hi -

Is this occurring for everyone, or just your account? We recently had this happen for one of our users, same version of Unity as you, and we needed to rebuild the user's Outlook profile.

Ginger

I have seen this in Unity 4.04. Try running the Message Store Configuration Wizard again to resync the Unity and Exchange databases by either going into Control Panel - Add Remove Programs and clicking on *change/remove*. Doing so runs the sync and will not uninstall unity although the first time I did it at TAC's direction it was a little unnerving. An alternate way to run the util is the run the setup.exe file in the configurationsetup dir under the commserver directory which is usually d:\commserver\configurationsetup.exe. Run the file with the /sync option from a command line and that should take care of you.

No luck. I have resynced the message store, recreated the outlook profile, even deleted and readded the subscriber with no luck. This user can only access messages from outlook. I have verified that the subscriber is imported from Exchange and not using the Internet setting. I am lost.

Look for errors/warnings in the application even log when you try and log in to check messages over the phone - it's likely that the Unity account is being denied access to the mailstore for that account or all accounts...

Also, did you answer Ginger's question about which accounts this is happeneing for? Sure sounds like a rights issue with your mailstore... you will want to open a TAC case, by the way - troubleshooting potentially complex issues with environement changes such as this are exceedingly difficult in a forum setting.