Views
Helpful
Replies

about ucs C220M3_SFF Embedded RAID

YI-MING TSAI
Level 1
Level 1

Hello,

I installed ROM55 embedded RAID upgrade option and RAID 5 support with an optional software key on ucs c220 m3 server.

I enabled the Embedded RAID Controller in the BIOS by the following steps.

step 1 boot the server and press F2 when prompted to enter the BIOS Setup utility.

step 2 Select the Advanced tab, then South Bridge.

step 3 Set Onboard SCU Storage Support to Enabled

step 4 Press F10 to save your changes and exit the utility.

Then boot the server,it stoped booting.The following is the snapshot.

20130916-mo.png

Is that other option ROM(for example PCIe) enabled to cause this problem?

I read the manual "Cisco UCS C220 Server Installation and Service Guide".

This server includes the option for an embedded MegaRAID controller with two mini-SAS connectors on the motherboard.

The default setting for this embedded controller is SAS RAID 0, 1, and 10 support for up to four SATA drives.

I have following questions.

1. If I install 2 SAS HDD.I donnot need to install ROM55 because C220 support SAS RAID 0,1.

2. UCSC-RAID-ROM55 supports RAID 0, 1, 5, and 10.

If I want to use RAID5,I can install ROM55 only (without "RAID 5 support with an optional software key") or install both.

3.What is the LOM Port 0 OptonROM?Is it one of the two mini-SAS cables connect to?

bios.JPG

Any ideas?

Thank you.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Embedded RAID (3 Gbs)

• Embedded SATA-only RAID controller, supporting up to 4 SATA-only

drives (RAID 0, 1, 10)

• ROM5 embedded RAID upgrade, supporting up to 8 SAS+SATA drives

(RAID 0, 1, 10).

• ROM55 embedded RAID upgrade, supporting up to 8 SAS+SATA drives

(RAID 0, 1, 5, 10).

1. If I install 2 SAS HDD.I donnot need to install ROM55 because C220 support SAS RAID 0,1.

If you install SAS hard drives you need UCSC-RAID-ROM5, otherwise, the server will only support SATA

If I want to use RAID5,I can install ROM55 only (without "RAID 5 support with an optional software key") or install both.

With UCSC-RAID-ROM55 you can setup RAID 5.Operating systems supported are Windows and Linux only (no VMware support).

3.What is the LOM Port 0 OptonROM?Is it one of the two mini-SAS cables connect to?

The LOM ports are the Lan On Motherboard ports, in other words, the Dual 1-Gb Ethernet ports.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10493/C220M3_SFF_SpecSheet.pdf

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Zaira Vega
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Embedded RAID (3 Gbs)

• Embedded SATA-only RAID controller, supporting up to 4 SATA-only

drives (RAID 0, 1, 10)

• ROM5 embedded RAID upgrade, supporting up to 8 SAS+SATA drives

(RAID 0, 1, 10).

• ROM55 embedded RAID upgrade, supporting up to 8 SAS+SATA drives

(RAID 0, 1, 5, 10).

If you install SAS hard drives you need UCSC-RAID-ROM5, otherwise, the server will only support SATA

With UCSC-RAID-ROM55 you can setup RAID 5.Operating systems supported are Windows and Linux only (no VMware support).

The LOM ports are the Lan On Motherboard ports, in other words, the Dual 1-Gb Ethernet ports.

Source:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/ps10265/ps10493/C220M3_SFF_SpecSheet.pdf

Thanks,I will try to install today.

The second SAS HDD is a bad guy.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card