cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Accessibility Problem recommissioning 5108 chassis

rmasteller
Level 1
Level 1

Hi.  I have tried to decommission and then recommission an empty 5108 AC2 Chassis. Well, empty of blades. Fully populated fans, power, and IO modules.  Upon recommission, I get an "Accessibility Problem" messages as the status.  There are very few search hits on this message, but I found this in the forums here.

https://community.cisco.com/t5/unified-computing-system-discussions/cisco-ucs-manager-chassis-accessbility-problem/td-p/2926960

Looking at UCS Manager and UCS Central, I don't have any Chassis Link Discovery policy and I don't see where I could create one.  The 6248UP Fabric Interconnects are on firmware 4.1(3j)A.

Thanks for your assistance.

2 Replies 2

rmasteller
Level 1
Level 1

Well, it was suggested that I 'acknowledge' the chassis and this seems to have helped.  The status went to a Thermal Problem error and all the fans show an error, then they all clear, then they all come back, and it keeps cycling.  Hopefully that stops after some time and there are no "fan inop" errors, or even if there are then I can deal with them.  I will reinsert the blades once the Thermal Problem is addressed.

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

I encountered a similar problem: the cabling of the IO-Modules to the Fabric Interconnects where not correct and the discovery failed the first time. The UCS Manager did not "clear" this error for himself after the cabling was corrected. I also needed to do a acknowledge of the chassis to get the discovery going.

Another hint: if the firmware of the IO-Modules differ from the version of the FIs the update/downgrade starts right away when the discovery starts. During this time you might also see a "Accessibility Problem". You can monitor the status in UCSM via the "IO Modules" tab when selecting the chassis.

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card