Views
Helpful
Replies

Ansible and UCS - Best Practice

itm.i11.team
Level 1
Level 1

Hi all,

I have been thinking about using Ansible for our UCS infrastructure. After digging into the subject I am still undecisive concerning the best directory layout and how to use the already existing role (https://github.com/CiscoUcs/ansible-role-ucs).

We are running about 8 UCS domains for the most part with different configurations and only some things in common. I thought of using a playbook for every tab (e.g. equipment, lan, san ...) and a seperate inventory for every domain.

Does anyone already use Ansible in a similiar environment and has some advice for the layout?

Regards,

Martin

1 Reply 1

You can also use Ansible to support all your standalone Cisco UCS servers and Nexus switches. This allows you to use one tool to enable greater automation and simplify daily tasks in your environment. Cisco has published an Ansible module for managing standalone Cisco UCS C-Series servers using the remote management frameworks in Cisco Integrated Management Controller (IMC). Here’s a link to a blog I’ve written on this topic.

The Cisco support for Ansible and the Nexus® 9000 and Nexus 3000 series switches use Ansible’s open and extensible framework along with the NX-API. The NX-API is a REST-like API for NX-OS based systems. Ansible modules make API calls against the NX-API to gather real-time state data and to make configuration changes on Cisco Nexus devices.

You can now realize the advantages of Ansible to automate all your Cisco UCS, HyperFlex and Nexus devices.

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card