cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Ask the Expert:Troubleshooting Cisco Unified Computing Systems (UCS)

ciscomoderator
Community Manager
Community Manager

Read the bioWith Michael Petrinovic

Welcome to the Cisco Support Community Ask the Expert conversation. This is an opportunity to learn and ask questions about the Unified Computing Systems with Cisco expert Michael Petrinovic. Any configuration or troubleshooting question can be asked.

Michael Petrinovic is a customer support engineer in the Customer Advanced Engineering group at Cisco. He supports data center and unified computing solutions through product testing and early field trials of pre-release hardware and software. His support of advanced and emerging technologies provides valuable product direction, quality, support readiness, and knowledge to Technical Services. Petrinovic is currently focused on the Cisco Unified Computing System and Cisco Nexus 1000V. In his five years at Cisco, he has worked in the Cisco Technical Assistance Center supporting Cisco routing and switching architectures, before moving into data center and server virtualization technologies. He holds CCIE certification (#25330 in Routing & Switching.)  

Remember to use the rating system to let Michael know if you have received an adequate response. 

Michael might not be able to answer each question due to the volume expected during this event. Remember that you can continue the conversation on the Data Center sub-community discussion forum shortly after the event. This event lasts through August 10, 2012. Visit this forum often to view responses to your questions and the questions of other community members.

20 Replies 20

It sounds like you have some VLANs on your vNIC that are not on your Uplinks.

Can you please share the VLANs that are on the Network uplinks and what VLANs are configured on your problem vNIC?

If I don't add a VLAN to the Fabric, I will not be able to check it in the vNIC modify vlans window.

I have always do this operation via UCSm \ Lan \ LanCloud \ VLANs

With the options:

Multicast Policy Name: not set

Common/Global

Sharing Type: None

MaximChumak_0-1675865006304.png

MaximChumak_1-1675865251818.png

If OK pressed

Your changes:
Create: Network SomeNetwor (org-root/org-org/ls-Server/ether-eth1/if-SomeNetwork)

Will cause a non fatal Configuration Warning for:
Service Profile Server (org-root/org-org/ls-Server) [Server: sys/chassis-1/blade-1]
   Reason: Failed to find any operational uplink port that carries all vlans of the vNIC(s). The vNIC(s) will be shut down which will lead to traffic disruption on all existing VLANs on the vNIC(s).

Are you sure you want to apply the changes?
Press Yes to disregard the warning and submit changes, No to quit the wizard
or Cancel to make changes to the current configuration.

Can you post the configurations from the CLI? The screen captures do not show all the VLANS.

Please connect to Fabric Interconnect CLI from NXOS context and run

UCSM(nxos)#show run interface port-channel X

UCSM(nxos)#show run interface vEth X

The Veth Number for the individual vNICs can be found using this command from non-NXOS context:

UCSM#show service-profile circuit

Really, don't have 716 VLAN on uplink.

---

USCm-A(nxos)# show run interface port-channel X

!Command: show running-config interface port-channelX
!Time: Wed Feb 8 17:25:55 2023

version 5.0(3)N2(4.23b)

interface port-channelX
description U: Uplink
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,12,30,32,37-38,116,222-223,226-227,231,233,235 -238,720-721,730-733
pinning border
speed 10000

---

interface VethernetY1
description server 1/1, VNIC eth1
switchport mode trunk
switchport trunk allowed vlan 1,12,30,32,38,116,222-223,226-227,231,233,235-238,720-721,730-733
no lldp transmit
no lldp receive
no pinning server sticky
pinning server pinning-failure link-down
no cdp enable
service-policy type queuing input default-in-policy
bind interface port-channel1280 channel Y1
no shutdown

----

Why some VLANs are on the interface and some are not?

How can I add VLAN 716?

Looks like you are using VLAN groups from your screen capture. I would review those and add VLAN to your VLAN group and it should be pushed to the uplink accordingly.

Wes,

I'm really grateful to you! I haven't use VLAN Groups usually. The initial configuration wasn't mine.

Have a nice day!

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card