Views
Helpful
Replies

C-series CIMC IP without keyboard/Monitor

Indika Wasala
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

Is there any way to assign CIMC IP to C-series server without connecting keyboard and Monitor. (eg via serial port or LOM ports.)

Thanks..

4 Replies 4

Keny Perez
Level 8
Level 8

I think (unless I am confused with another config option)  there is an old way to do it through the use of an script, that I saw back in CIMC 1.3 but I have never seen a single customer doing that; either they were not aware, the process is way more complex than attaching a monitor and simply did not know.

I have never done it and I am not sure it can still be done, I would need to check, but certainly it is a lot easier to just plug in a monitor and keyboard.

-Kenny

It would be great if you could post that script since sometime we encounter situations where it is more difficult to take monitor/keyboard and it will be much more convenient for field guys.. (It will be just like any other cisco device then.. :) )

Thanks

DHCP for shared LOM feature is there for the UCSM integration I guess and it does not work with a normal DHCP server. I have tried that with a dhcp server installed in my laptop and it never worked... I have wasted lot of my time waiting to get a keyboard and a monitor to configure cimc in data centers..

jiusong
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

You know C-series server dhcp is enabled by default. So you can deploy a dhcp server in your computer and assign an IP address to the LOM port not.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card