cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C-Series CIMC Launch KVM timeout

David_Jacobson
Level 1
Level 1

On several C220 & C240's we recently stood up we are having problems when launching the KVM console from the CIMC.

When clicking on "launch KVM console" a download window pops up and stays at 0%. 

err1.jpg

After waiting for 30 seconds or so, the following screen comes up and hangs for another 30 seconds.

err2.jpg

Then the following time out error.

err3.jpg    

Any ideas?  I've flushed the IE temp files, Java temp folder, verified the JNLP File/MIME Association setting in the Java Control Panel applet, reset the CIMC's.

3 Replies 3

David_Jacobson
Level 1
Level 1

Nevermind, got it fixed.  Uninstalled Java, reset IE settings through the advanced tab, deledted the C:\Users\username\AppData\LocalLow\Sun folder , Installed Java 64 bit 7u9.  Now working as expected.

nam.truong
Level 1
Level 1

If the download file and opening view.jnlp file is taking long like longer 1 minute (guessing here)

I was running into this Login failed or timed out as above. So, I went to the java control panel or recently changed to ControlPanel (linux) and Configure Java (Windows 7), under Advanced tab, select Always allow for JNLP File/MINE Association, select Do not check for Perform signed code certificate revocation checks on and Perform TLS certificate revocation checks on.

This seemed to help overcome the timeout issue quickly.

Gerry O'Rourke
Spotlight
Spotlight

This issue occurred for me.

It was just to the Machine I was using the client on not having access to the internet.

After the Client downloads the JNPL file and then from it downloads the Java JAR files, it attempts to verifies the certs against an oracle Certificate Authority (Checking for cert revocation). Because the machine has no internet access this fails.

But it takes 2 min before this revocation times out and by this time the temp password used (and visable) in the JNPL file has expired.

This issue can be addressed by disabled Cert Revocation checks.

Control Panel -> Java -> Advanced Tab

(note: another workaround is downloading the JNPL file and substituting the temp username & password with the CIMC admin username & password).

Gerry

JavaControlPanel.png

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card