cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C-Series single wire management option within UCSM

NaelShahid_2
Level 1
Level 1

I am reading the UCSM 2.1 C-Series Integration guide which seems to suggest that with UCSM single wire or dual wire management should be an option which needs to be defined, in my case I am looking for single. However, I can find no such options within Global Policies or anywhere else for that matter. I can see discovery policy and connection policy for rack but nothing for defining the management (this is UCSM 2.1)..

Should I be seeing an option to define this or is this part of discovery?

Also, while I am on the topic does the Link Grouping Preference apply to the C-Series Integration (2232PP FEX) as well as B-Series IOM??

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As long as the VIC1225 is in the correct slot, the rack management policy is set to auto-ack, and the LOM cables are not connected it should discover it as single wire.

The link grouping preferences apply if you have a 62xx fabric interconnect.  It can create a port-channel between the fex and fabric interconnect.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Brian Morrissey
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi,

As long as the VIC1225 is in the correct slot, the rack management policy is set to auto-ack, and the LOM cables are not connected it should discover it as single wire.

The link grouping preferences apply if you have a 62xx fabric interconnect.  It can create a port-channel between the fex and fabric interconnect.

Great. So the link grouping is truly global, ie, it applies to B-Series IOM and C-Series FEX

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card