Views
Helpful
Replies

C-series standalone call home question

vkrinitsyn
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I can't seem to find the info I need to verify if a standalone C-series server can send alerts directly to Cisco to automatically create a service ticket upon hardware failure event.

I do understand that when integrated with UCS the Smart Call Home will be in play and its just a matter of configuring the Cisco TAC profile to be able to achieve what I am looking for.  However, I am curious to understand what if I specify callhome@cisco.com in CIMC of a standalone server as a recipient would it actually send a meaningful message to Cisco to commence the automatic service ticket creation.

Maybe I am completely off here but just had a thought about this and it appears/seems plausible however there is not a single resource that I could locate to verify if this is possible.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee
2 Replies 2

Wes Austin
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Standalone C-series CIMC does not have the capability to do Smart Call Home. You would need IMC Supervisor to accomplish this:

https://www.cisco.com/c/en/us/td/docs/unified_computing/ucs/Cisco-IMC-Sup/mgmt-guide/2-0/b_Cisco_IMC_Supervisor_Mgmt_Guide_2_0/b_Cisco_IMC_Supervisor_Mgmt_Guide_2_0_chapter_010001.html

Thank you for confirming this for me. I was aware of the IMC Supervisor although never actually had a chance to use it in the field yet.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card