Views
Helpful
Replies

C210 ESXI Port Group

iwearing
Level 1
Level 1

Hi,

I had an issue where traffic on one of my ESXI port groups stopped passing traffic.

Port Group name :UCM  vnic 1&2         -     Catalyst 4500     Etherchannel     Mode on, access vlan 100

Port Group name :Unity/Uccx vnic 3&4 -     Catalyst 4500     Etherchannel     Mode on, access vlan 100

My setup was in my UC environment was configured with 2 x vNics for my UCM VMs and 2 x vNics for my Unity/IUCCX VMs.

I am not trunking over the Etherchanels, and  my Cisco switches are configured with mode on, and are access ports in Vlan 100.

Traffic stopped passing over Port Group Unity/UCCX and I was unable to access the VMs from the switch side of the network. As all VMs are in the same vlan, I moved my Unity and UCCX VMs into Port Group UCM and then they were reachable from the network. Only Port Group Unity/Uccx had failed.

The only way I could resolve the issue was to power down all VMs and reboot the C210 server.

They had been operational for a period of time before the fault appeared. Any ideas why this may have happed or how to resolve without a complete server reboot would be appreciated.

thanks

Ian.

2 Replies 2

padramas
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Ian,

I would suggest you to open a TAC service request with following information

ESXi logs ( vm-support command output )

CIMC show tech

Upstream Switch show tech

Approx date & time of the problem event

So it worked when we moved the VMs to other port group on the vSwitch, right ?

We need to look into VMware messages log file for this event.

Padma

ybpants
Level 5
Level 5

Ian,

I know this issue was a few months ago now but i was wondering if you ever found the cause and/or resolution?

I had the exact same issue this morning on port group that had 2 ports fromthe broadcom network card in it.

Thanks

Andrew

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card