Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 M5 - BMC_WATCHDOG

RyoWon Lee
Level 1
Level 1

Hello.

I am using C220 M5 and the following log occurred and it restarted.

'BMC_WATCHDOG: Watchdog sensor, Hard reset, Hard reset'

I am using version 4.1(3C).
Has anyone experienced the same case or taken action?

4 Replies 4

marce1000
VIP
VIP

- Check if anything useful can be found in : https://bst.cloudapps.cisco.com/bugsearch?pf=prdNm&kw=BMC_WATCHDOG&bt=custV&sb=anfr

M.

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Steven Tardy
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There are many varied causes for a BMC watchdog. Many of which have been identified and resolved (ex: CSCvv79912).

4.1(3c) firmware is from May 2021. Please upgrade to the latest firmware and monitor to see if this issue stops happening.

Hello,

It sounds like you're encountering a watchdog timer reset issue with your C220 M5. The log message "BMC_WATCHDOG: Watchdog sensor, Hard reset, Hard reset" indicates that the system watchdog timer triggered a hard reset.

This could be due to a variety of factors, such as firmware issues, hardware faults, or configuration problems. Here are a few steps you might consider:

1. Update Firmware: Ensure you are using the latest firmware version. Sometimes, firmware updates resolve known issues.
  2. Check Hardware: Inspect the hardware components for any signs of failure or overheating.
  3. Review Logs: Look at other system logs around the same time for additional clues.
  4. Consult Documentation: Refer to the manufacturer's documentation for any specific recommendations related to watchdog timer resets.

If the problem persists, you might want to contact Cisco support for further assistance.

@abdullahmurry0011  And this reply could be due to AI....

-- Each morning when I wake up and look into the mirror I always say ' Why am I so brilliant ? '
    When the mirror will then always repond to me with ' The only thing that exceeds your brilliance is your beauty! '

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card