cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

C220 M5SX no longer boot after being powered down

DRAGONKZ
Level 1
Level 1

I've got a weird issue with both of my C220 M5SX servers.

I powered down my complete home lab to physically move/roll the rack 10metres across the room to a better spot, and now they are failing to power on/post.

They are UCS managed and hooked directly to 6234 interconnects, and everything was cleanly shut down before power was removed. (ie, VMs, Hosts...etc).

Everything else has come back fine including the 5108/B200M4 setup, switches, PDUs, UPS's...etc, just not the C220 M5s.

UCS Manager is giving a failed to power on type error, and the servers themselves are having an amber power light with all SAS SSD drives lights being red and the fans running full speed.

I pulled one server to troubleshoot better and from what i can see upon applying power the CIMC does its normal checks and all lights are green, but when hitting the power button the server powers on for 1/2 a second and then back off... pressing the power button 1-2 more times gets the same symptoms as above.

This is unfortunately a home lab so no TAC support, but just wondering if anyone has seen this type of issue before?

Given both servers have been powered off lots of times before without issue, but both now have the exact same problem it just seems very odd.

Thanks

0 Replies 0

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card