cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can I configure a UCS C220 to boot automatically when a Service Profile is applied to it?

Michael Doherty
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Hi all,

I am setting up an automated build process inc UCS c220s.

Can I configure them to boot automatically when a Service Profile is applied to any of them as I need to avoid manual intervention?

If so, is this done in the SP template under one of the policies?

Thanks

md

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greetings. Currently you can't edit that field on initial or updating templates once they are created.

I filed enhancement request, CSCvd58918,asking for this ability,  on your behalf ;)

I have never noticed this before, and never had a customer ask about that.  As such, it may take a while before it makes its way into the actual feature list, when it's not a commonly requested feature.

Thanks,

Kirk...

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Set the 

Desired Power State field

The power state applied to the server after this service profile is associated with that server.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Hi Kirk and thx for the quick reply.

I can now see where I can set it in the SP Template setup process (as I am automating the creation of the SP from the template) .....as per the image.

But I can't find where this can be done when editing an existing template?

Cheers

m

d

Greetings. Currently you can't edit that field on initial or updating templates once they are created.

I filed enhancement request, CSCvd58918,asking for this ability,  on your behalf ;)

I have never noticed this before, and never had a customer ask about that.  As such, it may take a while before it makes its way into the actual feature list, when it's not a commonly requested feature.

Thanks,

Kirk...

thanks a lot for the info Kirk

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card