cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

Can we get the credential of UCSM through UCS Central?

shashi_kishor
Level 1
Level 1

I have configured multiple UCSM with UCS Central. I want credential of each UCSM through UCS Central.

Please let me know, how to do that

Regards,

Shashi

4 Replies 4

Robert Burns
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Explain what you mean by "you want UCS credentials".  Do you want UCS Central to prompt you to enter credentials when you launch UCSM from Central? or are you asking for UCS Central to display the credentials for UCSM authentication?

Robert

I am asking for UCS Central to display the credentials for UCSM authentication (User Name and Password)?

is there a way to get UCSM authentication details through UCS Central?

~Shashi

Certainly not possible.  That would be a massive security risk. That would be comparable to vCenter giving you the "root" account password for each ESX server.  UCS central uses a shared secret along with admin credentials on the UCS domain for registration.  After that, the credentials are cached securely by UCS Central.  When UCSM is launched from Central, the authentication details are secured and encrypted.

What's the use-case for required UCS Central to display UCSM domain credentials?

Robert

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community:

Review Cisco Networking products for a $25 gift card