cancel
Views
Helpful
Replies

CIMC Error code definition for Voltage P1V0_SAS errors

jleydon
Level 1
Level 1

Normally if I receive CIMC errors I create a case to have a TAC review the issue and determine the problem. Unfortunately I have a test environment with some servers that are outside of support and simply try to use them until they stop working and replace. I am trying to determine how critical an error I am currently getting with CIMC errors.  Previously I had some harmless CIMC errors including ones related to CMOS batteries being low where swapping them has been fine. In this case, the Cisco documentation says to contact support for this error code as well as a series of error codes. However, it does not explain what the issue is or what the code points to.

Here is what I currently get:

CIMC Voltage P1V0_SAS #0x0e Upper critical - going high - Asserted | reading 1.05 >= Threshold 1.05 volts

CIMC Platform alert LED_BLADE STATUS #0x95 LED color is amber

CIMC Voltage P1V0_SAS #0x0e Upper critical - going high Deasserted | Reading 1.04 <= Threshold 1.05 Volts

CIMC Platform alert LED_BLADE STATUS #0x95 LED color is green Asserted

These errors all appear within a few seconds so the voltage seems to spike then go back down. But what is the voltage on? Is this a motherboard failure? It also seems to occur every 2-3 hours.

2 Replies 2

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

Greetings.

Other than the leds and sel log alerts, have you actually had any functional impact?

That is a systemboard sensor for a SAS connection.

I've seen a number of cases for that alert, and believe it is benign.

I think a future firmware update will probably adjust the threshhold values that are triggering those alerts as the 1.05 values should not actually cause any issues.

They can be ignored.

My 2 ¢

Kirk...

Thanks for the feedback Kirk. There has been absolutely zero impact on this server and it has been fully operational. It's good to hear this is related to a SAS connection sensor as this server uses boot to SAN and has no local drives. Additionally, it is currently on an older firmware and will be updated in the near future as our FIs have to be updated.

Review Cisco Networking for a $25 gift card