Helpful
Replies

CIMC SMTP

izalrahman
Level 1
Level 1

Hi Everyone,

I want to know if cisco CIMC is support SMTP with authentication

if no , is there any option or tool to send email alert if there is hardware issue

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Ok undertand your requirement -  this required Mail relay option,  you need to add CIMC IP address to relay emails.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

balaji.bandi
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for replying
our customer have cisco C240 M5S and  want to sent email alert if there is issue on hardware.
and the issue is , our customer only provide SMTP server with username and password.
i try configure SMTP on CIMC, but no username and password input option

Ok undertand your requirement -  this required Mail relay option,  you need to add CIMC IP address to relay emails.

BB

***** Rate All Helpful Responses *****

How to Ask The Cisco Community for Help

Hi Balaji,

Thank you for the solution.

i will try it

Kirk J
Cisco Employee
Cisco Employee

There is an open enhancement for that, CSCwc25462, CSCwc25475.

CIMC and UCSM have not supported that to this point.

Kirk...

Hi Kirk,

Thank you for replying.
So , you mean cisco will enable SMTP with authenticatio feature on the future ? (hope soon) 
Our customer will glad to hear this information

That is an "open" enhancement request, which a few other customers have asked about from time to time.  By 'open' I mean unimplemented.  Some enhancement requests get implemented, some do not.  Just depends on the business justification (i.e. do enough customers actually request this, etc, etc)

Suggest you open a TAC case requesting information about SMTP authentication and request your case be associated with the enhancement request.  This is best way to give visibility to those type of requests, in addition to talking with your Cisco Account team to relay the feature request as well.

Thanks,

Kirk...

Getting Started

Find answers to your questions by entering keywords or phrases in the Search bar above. New here? Use these resources to familiarize yourself with the community: